Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mort d'Mort

Republicans just lie and hope no one, like Josh Marshall here, notices.--SS

Mort d'Mort:

I know Mort Zuckerman has always had his critics. But I don't know that I've ever heard him as atomically lame as he is on MSNBC this afternoon. In particular, he just claimed that Super Committee Republicans proposed a plan that had $250 billion of new tax revenues, almost all of which would come from the wealthiest Americans.

I'm sitting here talking to my congressional reporters. And as I thought, that claim is demonstrably false. I wonder what white papers he's smoking?

He seems just to be parroting claims from Rep. Hensarling (R) and Sen. Toomey (R), but ones where the available numbers simply didn't back up the claims.




Presented By:




No comments:

Post a Comment