Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Forget $10k bets ... Mitt Romney says $362,000 is 'not very much' money

Go ahead, Republicans. Nominate this asshole.--SS

Forget $10k bets ... Mitt Romney says $362,000 is 'not very much' money:


Mitt Romney explains why he pays just 15 percent in taxes:
“It’s probably closer to the 15 percent rate than anything,” Mr. Romney said. “Because my last 10 years, I’ve — my income comes overwhelmingly from some investments made in the past, whether ordinary income or earned annually. I got a little bit of income from my book, but I gave that all away. And then I get speaker’s fees from time to time, but not very much.”

So how much in speaker's fees does Mitt Romney consider to be not very much? To most people it would be a lot: $362,000 (h/t: Sam Stein).

So you can forget about $10,000 bets ... Mitt Romney could make 36.2 of those and to him it would still be "not very much." But while he may think $362,000 is "not very much" money, now we know how out-of-touch he is: quite a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment